Replacement defroster grille for a Buick Century
- The problem: a broken defroster grille.
- The solution: a brand new grille from GM SPO (part 10210435, list price $13.70).
- But it needs to be painted. I needed
- Latex paint, eggshell sheen, color-matched to medium dark adriatic blue by the helpful people at Menards,
- A paint sprayer, and
- First step: clean the grille with isopropyl alcohol.
- Second step: apply the primer.
- Third step: load the paint sprayer with a mixture of 75% paint and 25% water.
- Fourth step: apply a few coats of paint.
- Let the paint dry. A heat gun helps.
- The painted grille can be seen above.
- Apply the felt speaker cover (my own modification to the car).
- The fully completed grille.
- Go out to the car and get ready to install it.
- The grille has been installed. View from above.
Back to Stuart Schmitt's car information.